Innovative and inspiring, Seattle offers a compact and highly accessible downtown, enhanced by world-class hotels and restaurants, vibrant arts and cultural institutions, and signature retail shops. Experience this truly distinctive meetings destination within walking distance of the Seattle Convention Center’s, Arch and Summit.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
15.7% plus $4 per room per night flat fee for hotels in downtown for the TIA (70 Participating Hotels)
- How much is the F&B tax? 10.25% for Seattle
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 14
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Link Light Rail takes visitors from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to downtown Seattle in 30 minutes and costs $3.00. The train also continues on to the vibrant Capitol Hill neighborhood and University of Washington.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Link Light Rail – $2.25-$3.25
King County Metro Busses are $2.75 flat rate
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
The Downtown Airporter charges starting as low as $25.45 per person. Advanced bookings are required to the airport, but walk-ups from the airport are okay. Click here for real-time information.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $45 average, Rideshare trips (Uber, Lyft) typically cost between $20-40.
- How many daily flights out of airport? Around 1,045
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Click here for real-time information.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 6,000+
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?5,221 within a 5.5 block radius (7-minute walk); 7,330 within a 10 block radius (14-minute walk)
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,000
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
Up to 205,700 sq. ft. – Arch building
Up to 248,450 sq. ft. – Summit building
Convention Center Campus Total Exhibit Space = Up to 454,150 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 105,700 (4DEF)
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
Up to 141,248 sq. ft. – Arch building including ballroom space
Up to 160,040 sq. ft. – Summit building including ballroom space
Convention Center Campus Total Exhibit Space = Up to 301,288 sq. ft. including ballroom space
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
Up to 79 rooms – Arch building
Up to 66 rooms – Summit building
- How big is the largest meeting room?
10,152 sq. ft. – Arch building (Rooms 605-610)
4,630 sq. ft. (Rooms 427-429) OR 6,500 sq. ft. (Signature Room) – Summit building
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
4 – Arch building
3 – Summit building
Convention Center Campus Total Number of Ballrooms = 7
- How big is the largest ballroom?
15,048 sq. ft. (6E) – Arch building
138,320 sq. ft. – Arch building w/ meeting rooms and ballrooms (w/o swing space)
37,500 sq. ft. (ballroom 3) – Summit building
58,000 sq. ft. (ballroom 1, 2, 3) – Summit building w/ all ballrooms
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
July 2010 expansion – The Conference Center opened
2011-2012 renovation of SCC main building
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
In August 2018, the Seattle Convention Center broke ground on the additional facility, Summit, which opend in January 2023.
The facility will add:
- 149,200 sq. ft. heavy load exhibition space and 99,250 sq. ft. flex space two floors above
- Up to 248,450 sq. ft. total exhibit space
- Up to 66 rooms
- Up to 102,040 sq. ft. of meeting space
- 58,000 sq. ft. of ballroom space
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in common areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes – Edlen Electrical Exhibition Services
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No – preferred provider is LMG
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes – Aramark
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
|Average Rates Charged to Exhibitors||Seattle|
|General Display Labor/Decorator/Hour|
|Forklift with Operator/Lowest Weight Range/Hour|
|Drayage Per CWT (Hundred Weight): Advance Shipments to Official Service Contractor||$108.67|
|Drayage Per CWT (Hundred Weight): Direct Crated Shipments to Exhibit Hall||$110.17|
|Drayage Per CWT (Hundred Weight): Direct Crated Shipments to Exhibit Hall Requiring Special Handling||$141.42|
|Drayage Per CWT (Hundred Weight): Direct Uncrated & Loose Shipments to Exhibit Hall||$165.33|
- Here is a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
- District Council of Carpenters of Seattle, King County and vicinity
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local No. 46
- International Alliance of Stage and Theatrical Workers, Local No. 15
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local No. 117
- Painters District, Council No. 5
- Sign and Display Workers, Local No. 1094
- Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union, Local No. 8
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local No. 286
- Service Employees International Union, Local No. 6
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 8
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Another 7 Venues within a 10 minute bus transfer
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
At least 50 or more
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass, Pacific Science Center, Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) (Seattle Center Campus: 6-minute drive from SCC)
- Pike Place Market (Downtown: 6-minute walk down Pike Street from SCC)
- Seattle Art Museum, Smith Tower (Downtown: 9 to 19-minute walk from SCC)
- The Great Wheel and Seattle Aquarium (Seattle Waterfront: 8-minute drive from SCC)
- Museum of Flight (Boeing Field: 10-minute drive south of downtown Seattle)
Meeting Planner Webpage and Video
Digital Meeting Planner Guides