About Puerto Rico
Rich history and culture, exceptional food, pristine beaches, majestic mountains, relaxation, adventure — all packed into one sun-kissed Caribbean paradise. La Isla del Encanto is full of people who are buena gente (which is boricua slang for the kind and friendly) and welcoming. Here, you’ll feel like you are family instead of just a visitor. Around every corner, you’ll find a celebration of life, a vibrant cultural experience, food for the soul, and a captivating rhythm.
Dare to discover the many treasures of Puerto Rico. Get inspired and start planning your trip. Let us be the first to say, bienvenidos. No matter what the weather is like where you are, we’ve got sunshine to spare—and a few ways to brighten up your world, Puerto Rico style!
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
At casino hotels, the tax is 11%; at non casino hotels, it’s 9%. At government-sponsored country inns, called paradores puertorriqueños it is 7%.
- How much is the F&B tax? 7% food and beverage and 11.5% alcoholic beverages
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15% – 18%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
About 7 miles of distance (10 to 12 minutes)
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
We do have a public bus service that has routes throughout the city and a stop at the airport, T4 will be the route that will take you downtown. The Light Rail Public Transportation do not have a stop at the airport, but it has routes between San Juan areas (Santurce, Rio Piedras, Hato Rey to Bayamon as a destination)
- How much does the public transportation cost?
It will depend in the routes, but fare is 75¢ up to $2.00 for a bus ride
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
The public bus fare from the airport to downtown is 75¢. The hotels in the area do not have a shuttle bus service.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
The taxi fare from the airport to downtown (Condado area) it cost around $20.00 plus $2.00 per bag, the fare is up to $25.00 to Old San Juan area plus $2.00 per bag.
- How many daily flights out of airport? SJU, our main airport, has about 80 to 100 flights in and out daily. This will depend on the season.
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? JetBlue has a hub or a “focus city” on the island and is the airline with more flights daily in and out follow by small airlines like Seaborne, Silver Airways, Air Sunshine, Air Wind and Cape Air.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
JetBlue, American Airlines, United, Southwest, Frontier, Spirit, Delta, Air Canda, West Jet, Avianca, Copa Airlines, Iberia, and small airlines like Cape Air and Seaborn with flights around the Caribbean.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 2,200
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 600
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
4 hotels in the Convention District with 1 Hilton hotel a mile away
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 400
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star, 4 star, 3 star?
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Caribe Hilton Hotel
Sheraton Old San Juan
Palacio Provincial Hotel
The Condado Plaza Hilton
La Concha a Renaissance San Juan Hotel
Condado Ocean Club
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Royal Sonesta San Juan
Fairmont San Juan
Hyatt Place San Juan
Aloft San Juan
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Verdanza Hotel San Juan
Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
152,700 SQ (Hall A, B, C)
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? All (Hall A, B, C)
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 76,458 Sq. Ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
32 including the ballrooms
- How big is the largest meeting room? 4,900 Sq. Ft. excluding the ballroom
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 1 that can be divided in 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 39,551 Sq. Ft. total
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
Renovation – 2021
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
No major renovations scheduled
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes, free limited WiFi (1MB) is available in the common areas and lobbies with seating available. In all other meeting rooms, exhibit halls and ballrooms, wireless internet access is available for purchase by clients for participant use.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No, but there’s a preferred vendor in-house that is Encore
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No, but there are pre-qualified vendors available
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, all F&B is In house Convention Center catering
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here is a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? Total of 3 venues
Coca Cola Music Hall
Distrito T-Mobile Plaza
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Total of 6 venues
Cuartel de Bajalla
Paseo de la Princesa
San Cristobal Castle
El Morro Castle
Antiguo Arsenal de la Armada Española
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
Total of 11 restaurants
La Central by Mario Pagan
La Barrita del Lado
Texas de Brasil
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
Old San Juan – 10 minutes from Convention District
Casa Bacardi – 25 minutes from Convention District
El Yunque Rainforest – (located in the town of Rio Grande, 50 minutes from San Juan)
Bioluminescent bay – (located in the town of Fajardo, 1 hour from San Juan)
Icacos Island (Catamaran Day Trip) – (located in the town of Fajardo, 1 hour from San Juan)