About Reno / lake Tahoe
Reno is a city in the U.S. state of Nevada by the Sierra Nevadas and Lake Tahoe. Dubbed “The Biggest Little City in the World,” it’s known for its casinos and its proximity to many ski resorts. Downtown’s National Automobile Museum showcases more than 200 vintage cars. The MidTown District is lined with shops and restaurants. North of downtown, Animal Ark is a sanctuary for rescued bears, cheetahs and other wildlife.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
13.5% + $2.00 or $3.00 City Fee
- How much is the F&B tax? 8.27%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 4
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes; Reno has RTC buses
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Bus: $2.00 single ride, $5.00 for 24-hours
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
There are free airport shuttles to/from all the major Reno hotels
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $20
- How many daily flights out of airport? 60 daily in/out
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
No. However our airport is a “Focus City” for Southwest and 47% of our passengers utilize Southwest Airlines.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Alaska, Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United, Volaris
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 8,000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,050
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
8 – Atlantis, Peppermill, Circus Circus, Silver Legacy, Eldorado, Grand Sierra, Harrah’s, Nugget
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,990
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 381,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 381,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 113,600 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 53
- How big is the largest meeting room? F1 – F8 combined; 19,440 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 1 Ballroom, the Mt. Rose Ballroom
- How big is the largest ballroom? 29,700 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2017
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? 2022
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes, in concourses/public areas only. This is negotiable through SmartCity in the halls and meeting space.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Six, the National Bowling Stadium and Greater Nevada Field, Reno Event Center, Reno-Sparks Livestock Event Center, Rancho San Rafael Park, Victorian Square, Sparks Marina, Golden Eagle Regional Park and Sports Complex
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? All the above
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 23
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
Reno’s downtown riverwalk, museums, restaurants, and Aces ballpark. Midtown’s walkable restaurants, shops, and mural art tours. Lake Tahoe and Virginia City w/in 45 mins. And the countless festivals boasting arts, culture, food and micro brews, as well as our outdoor lifestyle from mid-Spring to mid-Fall