Famous for its hospitality and friendly spirit, Boston is one of the premier meeting destinations in the United States. Known as the “Athens of America,” Boston’s renowned medical and educational institutions have helped to make it an international center of learning and intellectualism.
Boston, Massachusetts has a thriving economy, history, and charm which make it ideal for both business and pleasure. Each year, it welcomes over 19 million visitors, convention delegates and business travelers.
No other city offers two AIPC GOLD Certified convention centers – the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center and the Hynes Convention Center. Both offer free, building-wide high-speed Wi-Fi, award-winning services, outstanding amenities, flexible exhibit and meeting space, and more. Each convention center is located within only a few miles of Boston Logan International Airport, giving you access to the most qualified attendees in North America in a 2-hour radius.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 16.45%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 3 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Shuttle Bus Yes
- How much does the public transportation cost? Free – $2.40
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? Free
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $25+
- How many daily flights to and from the airport? 1,086
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? Delta Airlines, Cape Air
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
- Domestic: Delta Airlines, JetBlue, American Airlines, United Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines
- International: Aer Lingus, Air Canada, Air France, Avianca, Azores, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, El Al, Emirates, Iberia, Icelandair, Japan Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Virgin Atlantic
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 30,000+
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
- BCEC: 6,000+
- Hynes: 6,800
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
- BCEC: 2
- Hynes: 3
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
- BCEC: 1,054
- Hynes: 1,144
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star, 4 star, 3 star?
- BCEC Headquarter Hotels
Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport: 4 star
The Westin Boston Seaport District – 4 star
- Hynes Headquarter Hotels
Sheraton Boston Hotel: 4 star
The Westin Copley Place, Boston: 4 star
Boston Marriott Copley Place: 4 star
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC): 516,000
Hynes Convention Center: 176,480
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
Hynes: Plaza Level: 75,670 | Second Level: 100,810
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 242,781
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 120
- How big is the largest meeting room?
BCEC: 8,614 sq. ft.
Hynes: 10,114 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 1 at BCEC and 1 at Hynes
- How big is the largest ballroom?
BCEC: One 40,020-square-foot, column-free, subdividable ballroom with 19,340-square-foot pre-function space
Hynes: One ballroom that can be subdivided into three smaller ballrooms
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
BCEC: Opened in 2004
Hynes: Undergoing renovations
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? Hynes – ongoing
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Exclusive
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Recommended
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? Recommended
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Exclusive
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
Teamsters, Unite Here, IATSE
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
The Lawn On D (4,000 capacity) – located adjacent to the BCEC – 420 D Street, Boston
Leader Bank Pavilion (5,400 capacity) – 290 Northern Ave, Boston
MGM Music Hall at Fenway (5,000 capacity) – 2 Lansdowne St, Boston
Boston Public Library (3,000 capacity) – 700 Boylston Street, Boston
Eataly Boston (1,000 capacity) – 800 Boylston Street, Boston