Greater Miami and Miami Beach has a formula for success few places in the world can match. The unique energy of an international hub brimming with culture and a vibrant and diverse community of heritage neighborhoods that seamlessly blends with the natural beauty of our tropical environment is what makes Miami a one-of-a-kind global destination.
At the crossroads of North America, Latin America and Europe, Miami is a leading destination for many of the world’s major meetings, conventions and events. An incredible collection of hotels and wide-ranging meeting space options make it a meeting planner’s dream, while the abundant sun, sand and surf, world class cuisine and exciting entertainment choices make it a colorful and lively destination to explore for attendees. Throughout the past decade Miami has experienced tremendous growth, making our destination one of the most desirable locations to live, work, play and meet. It’s the perfect place to mix business and pleasure, and we’re hoping you can visit soon and experience it for yourself.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, elevated train systems like the Metrorail and Metromover connect the airport to downtown. High speed rail service like Brightline and Tri-Rail provide connectivity through the greater Miami area and cities to the north. Miami Beach, the City of Miami and Coral Gables each have their own free local trolley system that connect visitors to and within the destination’s popular neighborhoods.
- How much does the public transportation cost? Fees start at $3 one-way
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $3 one-way
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $30 one-way
- How many daily flights in and out of airport? 200
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? Yes, American Airlines (50-60% of traffic)
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
All major domestic carriers, as well as more international carriers than any other US airport.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,500
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? Currently 2, with another opening by 2026
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,200
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 491,651 SF, 4 halls
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 1.4 million SF
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 84
- How big is the largest meeting room? 2,200sq ft
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 5
- How big is the largest ballroom? 60,979 SF
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2018
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? None
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: Miami Beach Convention Center is party to union agreements with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Motion Picture Machine Operators (IATSE Local 500 & 600) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). All staging and production or audio visual work must be done by union labor in accordance with these agreements.
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 3
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 8
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 30+
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Perez Art Museum Miami – Downtown
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science – Downtown
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens – Coconut Grove
- Art Deco Historic District – Miami Beach
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden – Pinecrest