About Prince George’s County
Experience Prince George’s for extraordinary meetings in the crown jewel of Maryland! Our destination offers a blend of experiences that includes arts and culture, history and architecture, sports and entertainment, the great outdoors, and many other amenities. Prince George’s is easily accessible and located right directly next to our nation’s capital, making it easy to reach and navigate with three major international airports: Baltimore/Washington International, Dulles International and Reagan National. Amtrak and the Metro Transit make it a breeze to get around and capture all there is to see and do in the Capital Region.
Our unique destination boasts over 12,000 guest rooms and offers over 850,000 square feet of meeting and exhibit space, including a 180,000-square-foot exhibit hall at the Gaylord National Resort. Prince George’s County displays exquisite convention and meeting venues such as the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, The HOTEL at University of Maryland and MGM National Harbor Resort. Prince George’s is home to the National Harbor on the Potomac, the area’s hottest attraction that was also voted one of the Top 50 of U.S. Destinations for meetings, placing attendees at the heart of all the excitement and entertainment this waterfront location has to offer.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 13%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 24%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 5-10
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? Yes
- How much does the public transportation cost? $7-10
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $20
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $25-30
- How many daily flights out of airport?
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? American Airlines
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
American, Alaska, United, Southwest, Delta, Jetblue, Frontier, Air Canada
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3300
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 3300
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 5
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 2000
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? All
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 500,000
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 101
- How big is the largest meeting room? 50,000
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 6
- How big is the largest ballroom? 50,000
- When was the last renovation or expansion? N/A
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider?
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Encore
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? Encore
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Inhouse
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
- Here is a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? None
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? None
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 15
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?