About New Orleans
New Orleans is Built To Host. Transformative hospitality investment combined with authentic culture, culinary excellence, a thriving live entertainment scene in New Orleans serves up a visitor experience like none other.
Our dedicated hospitality community services logistically complex events with excellence and provides unparalleled partnership to organizers and unforgettable experiences for attendees.
Cutting-edge meeting facilities, world-class attractions, museums, and a wide range of hotel accommodations collectively establish New Orleans as a premier destination for conventions and meetings.
26,000 hotel rooms, hundreds of restaurants, and world-class attractions all within 2.5 miles making the compact downtown area convenient and walkable.
The New Orleans Ernest N Morial Convention Center is in the middle of a $557 million dollar revitalization and the recent Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification underscores The Center’s commitment to sustainable meeting practices.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
14.45% Sales Tax
1.75% Tourism Assessment
$1-$3 Occupancy Tax
- How much is the F&B tax? 10.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 23%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 15 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Service from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport to Downtown New Orleans is available via the Jefferson Transit Authority (JTA) and the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) from level 1 Baggage Claim outside door 2, zones B4 and B5.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
JETfare is $2.00 and takes approx. 50 minutes.
RTA fare is $1.25
CLICK HERE for real-time information
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? Currently $36
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Taxi rides cost $36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) or French Quarter (west of Elysian Fields) for up to two (2) passengers. For three (3) or more passengers, the fare will be $15.00 per passenger. Taxis are required to accept credit card payments.
- How many daily flights into the airport? 50 non stop and 16 airlines. Daily inbound and outbound differ.
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? Southwest Airlines
- What are the major carriers serving airport? Allegiant Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, Frontier, Spirit, United Airlines
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 16,000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 8,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 4- Hilton, Riverside, New Orleans Marriott, Sheraton New Orleans, & Hyatt Regency Hotel
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,600
- Can you list hotels by rating? 5 star , 4 star, 3 star? We have lots of 3, 4, and 5 star properties totaling 26,000 guest rooms downtown
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 3 million square feet
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 1.1 million square feet
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 140 total meeting rooms plus a Theater for 4000, a 36,000 sqft Ballroom and a 60,000 sqft Great Hall
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 140
- How big is the largest meeting room? 10,000
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 60,000
- When was the last renovation or expansion? Currently embarked on a $557 million renovation to interior and exterior, including meeting rooms, a tree lined pedestrian park, a new transportation center and digital signage. The NOENMCC recently completed one of the largest energy saving initiatives ever undertaken in the region, including an overhaul of lighting and the HVAC system.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? Ongoing 2019-2025
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Public space
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Their own inhouse
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Their own inhouse
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Sodexo
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
- Here is a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required
- to work at the convention center: No
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
6 – WWII Museum, Mardi Gras World, Hilton Riverside, The Filmore, The Sugar Mill, and Generations Hall
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 5 – New Orleans Marriott Hotel, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, Hyatt Regency, The Caesar’s Superdome, The Smoothie King Center
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
82 Restaurants in the Arts/Warehouse/Convention District
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
From New Orleans Ernest N Morial Convention Center:
- The National WWII Museum 1.3 miles
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americans and Insectarium .9 miles
- St. Louis Cathedral & Jackson Square, French Quarter
- New Orleans City Park 5.3 miles
- New Orleans Museum of Art, City Park, 5.3 miles
- Besthoff Sculpture Garden, City Park