Welcome your attendees to Chicago, an iconic city renowned for its booming business & industry landscape, ease of accessibility, award-winning culinary scene, jaw-dropping attractions, & innovative hotels.
Conferences, conventions, meetings, & special events find their home in Chicago, whether at McCormick Place, the Western Hemisphere’s largest convention center, or one-of-a-kind, only-in-Chicago spaces. The possibilities are endless!
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 17.4%
- How much is the F&B tax? 11.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 25%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
17 mi from ORD, 10mi from MDW
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
YES, CTA (bus & L train)
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$2.25 bus, $2.50 L train
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
$45 ORD, $25 MDW
- How many daily flights into the airport?
ORD – 2,223, MDW – 458
- How many daily flights out of the airport?
ORD – 2,223, MDW – 458
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
ORD: United, American, MDW: Southwest
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
United, American, Southwest
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 30k peak
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,700
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 3
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1258
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star , 4 star, 3 star?
Marriott Marquis – 4 Star, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place – 4 Star, Hiltons of McCormick Place (Tri-branded hotel: Home2Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn) – 3 Star
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
2.8 million square feet of exhibit space
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
1.2 million square feet all on one level
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 600k sf of meeting space
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
173 meeting rooms offering 600k sf of space
- How big is the largest meeting room? 14,550 sf
- How big is the largest meeting room?
7 ballrooms ranging from 9k sf to 103k sf
- How big is the largest ballroom?
Skyline Ballroom, 103,760 sf
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
2008, West Building
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer?
YES, SAVOR… Chicago http://savorchicagomcpl.com
- Is the convention center a union property?
McCormick Place is a proud union facility. Our union tradesmen have the skills, experience, and commitment to ensure your event is produced to the highest of standards.
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? https://www.mccormickplace.com/labor-costs/
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 4
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 5
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 26
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium – Museum Campus, Willis Tower – The Loop, Art Institute Chicago – Michigan Avenue, Navy Pier