Vibrant and alive, Ohio’s capital is known for its open attitude, smart style and entrepreneurial spirit. Columbus’ blend of distinctive neighborhoods, dynamic nightlife and music, creative arts scene, original culinary experiences and wide array of festivals and attractions is made unforgettable by its outgoing locals who warmly welcome visitors.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 17.5% (10% city and 7.5% state)
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.5%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 24%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Traditional cab service provided by Yellow Cab of Columbus or Orange Cab of Columbus. Ride-hailing services Uber and Lyft.
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $23-28
- How many daily flights into the airport? 150+
- How many daily flights out of the airport? 150+
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Breeze, Delta, Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines and Vacation Express
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,400
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? Two
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
Hilton Columbus Downtown – 900
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 1.8 million
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 75
- How big is the largest meeting room? 6,840 sq. ft.
- How big is the largest meeting room? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 74,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
2017 Renovation and Expansion
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes, free in public spaces and meeting rooms
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider?
Yes, this is operated by the building
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
No. Mills James is in-house
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator?
No. Fern is in-house option
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer?
Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? |
7: Nationwide Arena, Huntington Park, Express Live!, The North Market, Columbus Athenaeum, Goodale Park, McFerson Commons
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 10: Columbus Museum of Art, COSI, Columbus Commons, Bicentennial Park, Strongwater Event Space, The Newport Music Hall, Ohio Union, The Ohio Stadium, The Bluestone, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 200+
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
Short North Arts District (1 Block from the Center), Center of Science and Industry (COSI – 1 mile from the Convention Center), National Veterans Memorial and Museum (1 mile from the Convention Center), Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens (3 miles from Convention Center), Columbus Museum of Art (2 miles from Convention Center), and Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (18 miles)