You’ve Never Met a Place Quite Like This. Meet Minneapolis! Meet the biggest underestimated place in the north. A dramatic riverfront skyline, three professional sports stadiums within 1.3 miles, so much art you’re literally surrounded by it and a theater on almost every corner. A culture committed to perfecting the craft of the brew, the best park system in the nation, and a foodie paradise where you can get Nordic cuisine for breakfast, Ethiopian for lunch and this thing called a “Jucy Lucy” for dinner – and oh yeah, cocktails on a Ferris wheel. A place to bring your dancing shoes and party at festivals all year round, enjoy four gorgeous seasons surrounded by 13 lakes, the Mississippi River and a waterfall, and meet the friendly locals who can’t wait to show you why they love living here.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14.025%
- How much is the F&B tax? Food: 10.75% Beverage: 13.275%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
11 miles from downtown Minneapolis
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, Light Rail. The Metro Blue Line connects the Mall of America, Minneapolis- St. Paul International Airport, U.S. Bank Stadium and downtown Minneapolis. The average ride time from MSP Airport to downtown Minneapolis is 20 minutes.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$2.50 per ride during rush hour. We regularly partner with Metro Transit to provide discounted ride passes for event attendees and event organizers.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
A taxi to downtown Minneapolis from the airport is around $40. Using Uber/Lyft cost around $20.
- How many daily flights in and out of airport?
741 per day. With 160+ direct nonstop flights, 136 domestic and 27 international markets
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
Delta Air Lines- second largest hub. Sun Country Airlines is based in Minneapolis.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Delta, Sun Country, United Airlines, American Airlines, Southwest, Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, JetBlue, Frontier, Denver Air, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Spirit, Air France, Aer Lingus
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
4,500. Total of 9,000 rooms downtown.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,000 rooms
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
Hilton Minneapolis 821 guest rooms, 89,911 sq ft of total meeting space and Hyatt Regency Minneapolis 644 guest rooms, 132,000 sq ft of meeting space.
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
750 peak at Hilton Minneapolis
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star , 4 star, 3 star? N/A
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
475,000 sq ft
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 375,000 sq ft
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 1.6 million sq ft
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
87 meeting rooms, a 3,400 fixed-seat auditorium, and a 27,522 sq ft Ballroom.
- How big is the largest meeting room? 14,847 sq ft
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
One. Ballroom that can be divided in half. Ballroom A is 18,070 sq ft with built in stage and Ballroom B is 9,452. Total sq ft of Ballroom is 27,522 sq ft.
- How big is the largest ballroom? 27,522 sq ft
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2021
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
Nothing is scheduled at this time
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
In public spaces at the center we offer free Wi-Fi
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
No. We do have Smart City onsite.
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Kelber Catering
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes, we’re a soft union
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
- Here is a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: labor applies when there is large load-in/out and major production (i.e. rigging).
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Eight
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
Over 54 restaurants in walking distance in downtown
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
Mill City Museum- located right downtown Minneapolis on the river front. Paisley Park- tour where Prince recorded and produced some of his most famous hits. Walk through Prince’s private NPG Music Club. Paisley Park is located just 20 minutes outside of Minneapolis at Prince’s home in Chanhassen. Experience the Twin Cities- Distillery, Brewery or Food Tours in Minneapolis. Such a fun way to go out and explore what we have to offer.