Philadelphia’s central location along the Northeast Corridor makes it extremely easy to access. Once you are here, getting around is easy, too. Philadelphia is consistently ranked as one of the most walkable cities in the nation with restaurants, museums and hotels within minutes of the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Home to iconic, unmatched historical attractions, an award-winning dining scene, world-renowned arts and cultural institutions, and distinct neighborhoods, Philadelphia has a genuine energy and spirit that can be incorporated into your next event.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8% & 10% on alcoholic beverages
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
- How much does the public transportation cost? $8
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $28.50
- How many daily flights out of airport? 517
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
American Airlines, Southwest
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Alaska Airlines, Aer Lingus, Air Canada, American Airlines (hub), British Airways, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Qatar, Southwest, Spirit, United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 11,000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 11,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? Five
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 528,000 SF (78%)
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 240,542 SF
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 82
- How big is the largest meeting room? 135,000 SF
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 55,408 (Terrace Ballroom)
- When was the last renovation or expansion? There are ongoing renovations and capital projects every year
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? There are ongoing renovations and capital projects every year
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Free in all public areas of the PCC (not meeting rooms and exhibit halls)
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
Yes, but client can bring their own in
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Aramark
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
Please contact PHL CVB for pricing
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
Laborers’ International Local 332 / Stagehands Local 8 / IBEW Local 98 / Iron Workers Local 405
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 4
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 19
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 439
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Independence National Historical Park (includes the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall): Center City Historic District, about . mile from the Convention Center
- Reading Terminal Market: Center City, adjacent to the Convention Center
- City Hall: Center City, adjacent to the Convention Center
- Philadelphia Museum of Art (plus the Rocky statue and steps): Center City, 1.5 miles from the Convention Center
- The Barnes Foundation: Center City, 1 mile from the Convention Center
- Eastern State Penitentiary: Center City, 1.3 miles from the Convention Center