With 749,000 square feet of exhibit space in the center, 16 downtown meeting-oriented hotels ranging from the artsy Alexander to the world’s largest JW Marriott to the historic Crowne Plaza at the country’s first union station, and award-winning facilities like Super Bowl host site Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis can accommodate meetings of all sizes and functions.
VENUES YOU DESIRE Nearly 30 unique venues in the central business district provide a wide range of options for creating unforgettable events, from Georgia Street outdoor promenade to a 1927 European ballroom. Event space is also available at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the NCAA national headquarters features a new state-of-the-art conference center.
CONVENIENCE YOU NEED Known as the Crossroads of America, Indy is within a day’s drive of half of the U.S. population and boasts Airports Council International’s 2012 “Best Airport in North America” only 15 minutes from downtown. Add in an eight-mile, pedestrian-friendly Cultural Trail and a walkable downtown with hundreds of options for dining, shopping, networking, and entertainment, and you have a meetings package that will deliver higher attendance and result in happy attendees.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 17%
- How much is the F&B tax? 9%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 13 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? Not at this time
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $30.00
- How many daily flights in and out of airport?
136 daily flights, 46 non-stop destinations
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Southwest, American, United, Delta, Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant Air, Sun Country, Air Canada, Air Alaska
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
4,500 via enclosed skywalk to the convention center
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 4,500
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 3
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 800
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
4 – JW Marriott offers a total of 1,113 rooms with 102,755 GSF of meeting space. The Marriott Indianapolis offers a total of 650 rooms with 42,400 GSF of meeting space. The Westin Indianapolis offers a total of 575 rooms with 35,890 GSF of meeting space, and the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis offers a total of 499 rooms with 35,000 GSF of meeting space.
- Can you list hotels by rating? 5 star , 4 star, 3 star?
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
175,475 GSF in meeting rooms at the convention center, and 936,914 GSF to include the exhibit halls and attached stadium floor/exhibit halls
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 175,475 GSF
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 71
- How big is the largest meeting room? 88,900 GSF
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 33,335 GSF
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
The last expansion was in 2011. The recent renovations include bathrooms and concession areas. New carpet will be installed in 2022/2023.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
Our next expansion will begin in late 2022, and be complete mid-2025 to include a 50,000 GSF Ballroom and meeting rooms to coincide with the addition of a 800-room Signia by Hilton that will be included in the project.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Public Areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes (Sodexo Live!)
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes, with friendly rules
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: Teamsters (Install & Dismantle, Housekeeping,) IBEW (Electrical/Telecommunications,) Plumbers & Steamfitters, IATSE (Sound & Lighting)
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 5
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Up to 10
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 75+
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
Indianapolis Zoo & Botanical Gardens – 1.0 mile from convention center
Indianapolis Motor Speedway – 4.4 miles from convention center
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian & Western Art – Walking Distance
NCAA Hall of Fame Museum – Walking Distance
Children’s Museum of Indianapolis (World’s Largest) – 3.2 miles from convention center