Pittsburgh is a vibrant city, full of friendly people, that has plenty to offer meeting planners and attendees. When a writer from The New York Times said Pittsburgh was “the only city with an entrance,” he nailed it. The stunning skyline that bursts into view when emerging from the Fort Pitt Tunnels is just the first of many Only in Pittsburgh experiences that are sure to impress.
The beautiful and versatile 1.5 million-square-foot David L. Lawrence Convention Center makes that list as well. The Platinum LEED® certified building offers 313,106 gross square feet of exhibit space, a 31,610 square-foot ballroom and 53 meeting rooms – not to mention beautiful riverfront views. Plus, there’s the recently renovated Rooftop Boulevard, a $3 million outdoor feature that can host up to 300 people.
Pittsburgh also offers a variety of unique off-site meeting spaces, including The Andy Warhol Museum, Carnegie Science Center, the Roberto Clemente Museum and many more.
Best of all, Pittsburgh is home to a wide variety of delicious and award-winning restaurants. Whether you’re looking for a dish prepared by a James Beard nominated chef or a casual bite to eat, the restaurants in Pittsburgh have your tastes covered.
When you add the wonderful, Only in Pittsburgh attractions, including the Duquesne Incline, Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, the National Aviary and so much more, it’s not hard to see why everyone is talking about Pittsburgh. Of course, when you host a meeting in Pittsburgh, you’ll also find another distinct, Only in Pittsburgh experience – the welcoming, friendly people that work in our hospitality community and live in our 90 unique neighborhoods.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 17
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
28X Airport Flyer: Port Authority of Allegheny County Bus is available from the airport to downtown every 30 minutes from 4:30 a.m. to 12:00 midnight.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$2.75 each way (exact change required)
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
SuperShuttle no longer operates at Pittsburgh International Airport.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Approximately $35
- How many daily flights out of airport?
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American, Boutique Air, Breeze Airways, British Airways, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Southern Air, Spirit, and United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 4,000+
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 4,000+
- How many headquarter hotel properties? The Westin Pittsburgh
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
400 – 500
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
313,000 GSF at David L. Lawrence Convention Center (DLCC), www.pittsburghcc.com
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 236,900 GSF
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 109,562 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 53
- How big is the largest meeting room? 31,610 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
1 (Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom is divisible into three sections)
- How big is the largest ballroom? 31,610 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
Built and opened in 2003
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
The DLCC will complete its rooftop renovation by Spring 2022
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
Three Rivers Entertainment is the preferred provider
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Convention Centers
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? Please visit DLCC website at https://www.pittsburghcc.com/planners/planning-info/ and the DLCC Work Rules and Union Jurisdictions.
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? Senator John Heinz History Center/Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum, PPG Paints Arena, Heinz Field, PNC Park, Stage AE, Carnegie Science Center/Highmark SportsWorks, Rivers Casino
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum, Petersen Events Center, UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Kennywood Park, Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 200
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Senator John Heinz History Center/Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum — Strip District Downtown
- Carnegie Science Center, Highmark SportsWorks, Rivers Casino, The Andy Warhol Museum — North Shore Downtown
- Gateway Clipper Fleet — Station Square Downtown
- August Wilson African American Cultural Center — Downtown
- Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Frick Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts — Oakland/Shadyside