About San Antonio
There’s a reason more groups meet in San Antonio. The location is central, the weather is mild, and the locals are welcoming. It’s also a great place to learn. The 1.6 million square foot Henry B. González Convention Center accommodates groups of all sizes and makes it easy to inspire, instruct and share information. Best of all, San Antonio is a great place to play. It boasts a walkable downtown, rich history and culture, and a booming culinary scene. We invite you to plan your next meeting in a city that promises something for everyone.
Much of the city’s unforgettable landscape has grown along the banks of the River Walk where stone paths run aside the San Antonio River connecting hotels, restaurants, shops and the Henry B. González Convention Center in the downtown core. The 15-mile River Walk also links Spanish Colonial Missions (a World Heritage Site, along with the Alamo), museums, public art and the Pearl, a former brewery reborn into an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, and entertainment.
As a top leisure destination in the nation, San Antonio offers an experience that stretches far beyond the meeting room. From the historic landmarks to more than 50 area golf courses to theme parks, nightlife and excellent cuisine, San Antonio has something for everyone.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 18%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8.25%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 7
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
- How much does the public transportation cost? $1.30
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $24
- How many daily flights in and out of airport? 260
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
AeroMexico, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American, Breeze Airways, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Sun Country, United, Viva Aerobus, Volaris Airlines
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 9,500
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 6,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 514,000
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 514,000
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 203,000
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 72
- How big is the largest meeting room?
54,000 sq.ft. ballroom, 86,000 sq.ft. multi-purpose room
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 54,000
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2016
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? None
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? In public spaces
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes (The RK Group)
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 6
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Numerous
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Over 100