About Los Angeles
With over 300 days of sunshine a year, lush landscape, world-class dining, and limitless possibilities that keep attendees engaged and inspired, Los Angeles is a top destination for meetings, conventions, and events. As the official destination marketing organization for the City of Los Angeles, LA Tourism’s personalized service ensures a seamless meeting and event planning experience, with only-in-LA venues ranging from movie studios to historic theaters to a state-of-the-art convention center. Plan your visit to the capital of creativity at MeetLA.com.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14%
- How much is the F&B tax? 9.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 19%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 14
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Flyaway Motorcoach to Union Station Downtown
- How much does the public transportation cost? $7 one-way
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
Super Shuttle $18
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $45
- How many daily flights out of airport?
850 average daily arrivals into LAX
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
LAX features all major carriers – not a hub airport
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
All major carriers and four additional airports serving LA
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
5,500 peak rooms
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
3,500 hotel rooms
- How many headquarter hotel properties? Two
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
900 peak rooms
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 870,000 gsf
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 350,000 gsf
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 150,000 gsf
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 69
- How big is the largest meeting room? 11,220 sq ft
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 26,000 sq ft
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
$35 million in renovations since 2014 with continuous improvements scheduled.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
No expansion currently scheduled.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in all public areas of the building.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Levy
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
Teamsters / Painters / Carpenters / Electricians / Riggers
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 4
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 5 – 10
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Over 300
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- L.A. LIVE Entertainment District – convention center area
- Music Center (featuring Disney Concert Hall) – Bunker Hill
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Short ride via Metrorail
- Hollywood & Highland Attractions – Hollywood
- Staples Center (Lakers, Kings) – convention center area
- Getty Museum – Brentwood
- Cal Science Center – USC Area