Successful meetings have a spirit. A spirit that draws on the location around it. Although there may be other places that can fulfill an event organizer’s technical specifications, there is only one Milwaukee.
When people convene in Milwaukee, they’re getting more than your typical event. They’re getting our exceptional blend of stunning natural beauty, one-of-a-kind venues, and urban-easy charm. Meet in Milwaukee, the place where unique unites.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 5%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15-20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Milwaukee County Transit System Amtrak Hiawatha
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Varies by provider
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
Varies by shuttle operator
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Varies by taxi cab provider
- How many daily flights in and out of airport? 200
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
No, but there is a strong Southwest Airlines presence
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, and United Airlines
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 6,200
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 6,200
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 3
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 729
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star , 4 star, 3 star?
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
The Iron Horse
The Pfister Hotel
Saint Kate The Arts Hotel
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
189,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 189,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 300,000
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 32
- How big is the largest meeting room? 4,440 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
The Wisconsin Center’s 38,000 sq. ft. ballroom can be divided into several configurations.
- How big is the largest ballroom? 38,000 total sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
Carpeting and furniture, 2018
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
An upcoming expansion will debut in 2024, nearly doubling the convention center’s size to 445,000 total square feet. This includes 300,000 sq. ft. of contiguous exhibit space and a rooftop ballroom
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
Preferred, not exclusive: Conference Technologies Inc.
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Milwaukee’s convention center campus also includes the Miller High Life Theatre and the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. A short walk from the convention campus is the Deer District featuring the Fiserv Forum arena and outdoor plaza. Additional venues within walking distance include hotel spaces, theatres, a museum, a market hall, and more.
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Venues within a 10-minute vehicle ride include several theatres, museums, dedicated event spaces, parks, breweries, a casino property, and more.
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
Over 170 locally owned restaurants
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
- 3rd Street Market Hall is located across the street from the convention center in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, featuring 20+ locally owned restaurants.
- Bradley Symphony Center – home of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra – includes the historic Warner Grand Theatre as well as a newer modern wing in downtown.
- The “flying” Milwaukee Art Museum on Lake Michigan is an architectural marvel in the East Town neighborhood downtown.
- The world’s only Harley-Davidson Museum is located on 20 acres along the Menomonee River in the Menomonee River Valley neighborhood.
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is also in the Menomonee River Valley neighborhood with entertainment, meeting space, and accommodations all on site.