About Palm Springs
Boasting 300-plus days of sunshine annually, Greater Palm Springs is a must on any Southern California travel itinerary. More than 180 resorts and hotels in nine distinct cities offer diverse accommodations and amenities catering to every type of getaway. Visitors experience world-class golf and tennis and explore the area’s pristine natural beauty along miles of trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding. The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway transports riders to a mountain playground, and Jeep and Hummer tours take adventurers into lush preserves and Joshua Tree National Park. Unique attractions include tours of celebrity homes and midcentury modern architecture, as well as art, history and Native American museums. Shopping, dining and nightlife and world-renown annual festivals make entertainment nonstop.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 13.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 1 mile
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? SunLine Transit Agency, a transit operator in Riverside County, California, is a transit agency providing bus service in the Greater Palm Springs Area. SunLine Transit Agency is a Joint Powers Authority, a public agency created by the nine cities of the Coachella Valley and Riverside County.
- How much does the public transportation cost? Your fare is based on the distance you travel.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? Palm Springs (PSP) is less than two miles from the city center and getting to Palm Springs typically takes anywhere from 4 min to 5 min. The Bus by Sunline Transit is $3.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Most downtown hotels have complimentary shuttles and taxi fare is about $8 -$10 for the palm springs hotels up to $80 for the resorts that are located down valley.
- How many daily flights in and out of airport? 112
- The airport covers 940 acres (380 ha) and has two runways. The facility operates year-round, with most flights occurring in the fall, winter, and spring.
- The airport was named as number 3 in a 2011 list of “America’s Most Stress-Free Airports” by Smarter Travel.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska, Allegiant, American, Boutique Air, , Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country, United, West Jet
Greater Palm Springs encompasses 9 cities – Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Desert Hot Springs, Indio, and Coachella. It’s nearly 15,000 room inventory includes small boutique hotels with non-traditional space, large resorts with an abundance of traditional meeting rooms as well as exquisite outdoor venues and a fully carpeted convention center that resembles a preforming arts theater or concert hall with architecture matching the San Jacinto Mountain Backdrop.
The largest property in Greater Palm Springs is located in Palm Desert, the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa has 884 rooms and over 230,000 square feet of indoor/ outdoor space. Nestled at the base Santa Rosa Mountains, the La Quinta Resort & Club, has been a haven to Hollywood stars since 1926. Also located in the city of La Quinta, this 796-room resort features Spanish-style casitas, 140,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space and 41 pools. The Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, located in the heart of Palm Springs has 410 guest rooms, 30,000 of meeting space all connecting to the Palm Springs Convention Center. There is a property that fits the needs of every group here in Greater Palm Springs and we would love to help you find it.
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 112,000 sq ft
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 112,000 sq ft
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 261,000 sq ft
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 39 rooms
- How big is the largest meeting room? Oasis Ballroom 92,545 sq ft
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2 in Convention Center, 1 in attached Renaissance Hotel
- How big is the largest ballroom? Oasis Ballroom 92,545 sq ft
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2016. Attached hotel space 2019
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Yes, PSAV
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Savoury’s Catering
- Is the convention center a union property? Non Union
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
- Jackie Lee Houston Plaza from the Palm Springs Convention Center
- Indian Wells Golf Resort from the Renaissance Indian Wells and the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
- Empire Polo Fields
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Matate Ranch
- The Living Desert
- Indian Wells Tennis Gardens
- Acrisure Arena
- Merv Griffin Estate
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 40+
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Air Museum – Palm Springs
- Living Desert – Palm Desert
- BMW Performance Center – Thermal
- Metate Ranch & Desert Jeep Tours – Indio
- Salvation Mountain – Mecca
- Joshua Tree National Park- High Desert