Welcome to Denver, where urban adventure, 300 days of sunshine, more than 11,000 hotel rooms, a walkable downtown, diverse neighborhoods and chef-driven dining combine to create the world’s best meeting destination. A vibrant outdoor city near the Rocky Mountains, Denver’s stunning architecture and unparalleled views help produce truly epic events. Plus, Denver is growing! The Colorado Convention Center will soon undergo an extensive expansion that will include flexible meeting space and state-of-the art technological improvements.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15.75%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 25 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes – the A-line train connects Denver International Airport to Denver Union Station
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$10.50/day pass (discounts available!)
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $56.03 one way fare
- How many daily flights in and out of airport?
DEN averages more than 1,500 flights daily, with non-stop service to more than 170 US destinations, 194 destinations worldwide
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? Yes, United, Southwest and Frontier
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
ALL major carriers serve DEN. DEN is the 3rd busiest airport in the world!
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 9000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 7000
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
Two: Hyatt Regency with 1,100 rooms and the Sheraton with 1,231 rooms
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
900 rooms at the Hyatt Regency
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star , 4 star, 3 star?
5 Star – Four Seasons
4 Star – ART, Brown Palace, Crawford, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Kimpton Hotel Born, Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Le Méridien, Maven, Oxford, Ramble, Renaissance, Ritz-Carlton, Slate, Source, Thompson, Warwick
3 Star – AC Hotel, Aloft, Courtyard by Marriott, Curtis, Embassy Suites, Element, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn Convention Center, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Garden Inn Denver Union Station, Holiday Inn Express, Home2 Suites, Homewood Suites Convention Center, Hotel Indigo, Hotel Teatro, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, Magnolia, Rally, Residence Inn City Center, Sheraton, SpringHill Suites, Sonesta, Tru, Westin
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
584,000 total gsf
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
All 584,000 sq.ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 100,000 sq.ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 63
- How big is the largest meeting room? 2,679 sq.ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 50,000 sf and 35,000 sf
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
2017 Renovation and Expansion
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
2023 – adding 80,000 sq.ft. ballroom (the largest in Colorado!), divisible into 19 different configurations; 35,000 sq.ft. pre-function space; 20,000 sq.ft. outdoor terrace
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes, comp Wi-Fi is available in all Public Space and street level meeting rooms
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: IATSE LOCAL 7
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 4
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 8
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Over 300
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
Denver Art Museum – Golden Triangle – .5mi from CC
Denver Union Station – Downtown – .9mi from CC
Meow Wolf Denver – Riverfront – 1.7mi from CC
Denver Museum of Nature & Science – City Park – 4mi from CC
Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre – West Metro – 17mi from CC