Anaheim is located between Los Angeles and San Diego and has nearly 300 days of sunshine, just 13 inches of rain and an average temperature of 67 degrees. Guests can enjoy its world-renowned theme parks, major pro sports teams, abundant recreational activities, unique dining, shopping and entertainment options or take a 20-minute drive to the Pacific Ocean and its 42- mile stretch of Orange County coastline. Anaheim is accessible from four major airports and has more than 14,000 hotel rooms within two miles of the Anaheim Convention Center. Nationally recognized for its generous hospitality and customer service, Anaheim is a place you can come for a convention and stay for a memorable experience.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
Anaheim TOT of 15% + Anaheim TID of 2% = 17%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 17-20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 13 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) and the Disneyland Express offer routes to/from the Anaheim Convention Center and John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- How much does the public transportation cost?
OCTA: $4-$6, Disneyland Express: $20 R/T
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
Starting at $12 per person/one way
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
From $45/one way
- How many daily flights into the airport?
SNA has approximately 129 daily flights
- How many daily flights out of the airport?
SNA has approximately 129 daily flights
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Southwest, American, Delta, United, Alaska & Frontier
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 14,000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 8,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
3 HQ Hotels: Westin Anaheim (613 rooms), Anaheim Marriott (1,030 rooms), Hilton Anaheim (1,572 rooms)
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,500
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
1,013,587 sq ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 670,133 sq ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 347,621 sq ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 97
- How big is the largest meeting room? 100,000 sq ft. pillar free
- How big is the largest meeting room? 3
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
- The new ACC North Building opened in September, 2017
- ACC North has 200,000 square feet of flexible space on two levels that can be used as exhibit, ballroom or meeting space
- 100,000 square feet on Level 1 divisible into up to 13 meeting rooms
- 100,000 square feet of pillar free space divisible into up to 35 meeting rooms
- Dedicated loading docks and 1,400 parking spots
- A climate-controlled pedestrian bridge connecting to the second floor of the Anaheim Convention Center
- 25-ft. finished ceilings and carpet on both levels
- As of early 2013, the Grand Plaza at the Anaheim Convention Center opened- 55,000 square feet of exterior space offering meeting planners the opportunity for large outdoor gatherings including alfresco dining, concerts, receptions, exhibitions, meetings and more. The Grand Plaza’s singular design makes it unique among outdoor event venues and extremely versatile to accommodate almost any event.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? None scheduled
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
The Anaheim Convention Center has complimentary attendee wifi, for light browsing, of 256 upload and 256 download.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Smart City
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Encore
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Aramark
- Is the convention center a union property?
The Anaheim Convention Center is not a union facility. However, we do allow union labor if they are contracted through a general service contractoro
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
OFF SITE VENUES
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? Anaheim Arena with arena seating for 7,500, Grand Plaza and Arena Plaza at the Convention Center, Hilton Anaheim Decks, Anaheim Marriott Palm Lot, Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure, House of Blues, Downtown Disney and GardenWalk
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Honda Center, City National Grove, Olde Towne Orange, Nixon Library & Museum
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
More than 75 restaurants walkable to the Anaheim Convention Center
- The GardenWalk, featuring restaurants, nightlife and shopping
- Downtown Disney, restaurants, shopping, entertainment
- Anaheim Packing District, (a short cab ride) with the Packing House, Make Building, Anaheim Brewery and walking distance of Downtown Anaheim
- Packing House with a variety of restaurants, bars, and a Speakeasy
- Make Building, located in the Packing District featuring the Pali Wine Company and Unsung Brewery
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Professional Sports – The Honda Center, home of The Ducks Hockey Team, Angel Stadim, home of the Anaheim Angels
- Attractions – Disneyland Park, Disney’s California Adventure, Knotts Berry Farm
- Shopping – The Outlets at Orange, with 120 Brand Name Outlets (4 miles from Convention Center), South Coast Plaza with over 250 boutiques and luxury department stores, Downtown Disney, Fashion Island
- Old Towne Orange – (6 miles from Anaheim), historic Olde Towne Orange with vintage shops, galleries and markets along with a variety of unique and local restaurants
- The Beaches – Orange County has over 42 miles of coastline within a half hour of Anaheim including Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna, and Dana Point. Enjoy water sports, the ocean and experience the culture of Southern California